Welcome to My Blog!

Welcome to my blog!This is my blog about my science fair project, Pointe Shoe Physics. I am testing the amount of force per square centimeter on a ballet dancer's feet while dancing in pointe shoes. I am also studying how this changes in three different positions. Be sure to check out my report, background information, videos and other cool stuff! My final report and other files can be accessed through the "Documents" link on the right. Enjoy!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Who was the First to Dance En Pointe?

It is said that Marie Taglioni was the first to dance en pointe. In 1832, she performed La Sylphide entirely en pointe. However, there may have been others who danced en pointe before her. Her shoes were nothing more than tightly-fitting slippers with a leather sole and some darning on the sides. Her fans loved her so much that they cooked her shoes and ate them with a sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment